Working: 8.00am - 5.00pm
A Reputable Environmental & Social Development consultancy firm in Accra has a vacancy for a Social & Community Development applicant to be recruited as an Assistant Consultant.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the Department and liaising effectively with the other Departments of the organization
• Ability to develop social impact assessment tools
• Ability to participate in community and institutional engagement
• Should be able to write and/or review environmental and social impact assessment reports
• Should be able to prepare and implement Social Action Plans on related projects including resettlements and due diligence requirements.
• Should have the skills to perform audits and provide specialist opinion and recommendations to clients.
• Must possess the skills to engage in business Development activities in concert with Head of Department
• Must be able to develop content and design for the Department’s promotional and related material
• Must be able to prepare and present monthly reports for the Department
• Must be prepared to assist in any other tasks assigned
Education & Experience
• Master’s Degree in Sociology, Social Work or a related field
• At least 3 years post-graduate experience
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to speak Akan and any other Ghanaian language will be an added advantage.
• Must be medically and socially fit to carry out assignments without distractions.
• Must be willing to travel out of Accra for long periods (at least two weeks at a time).
1 - <3 Years