Working: 8.00am - 5.00pm
The IT technician is responsible for:
• Assisting in the development, support, maintenance and security of all ICT systems within the
• To liaise with ICT support coordinator in providing an efficient and effective ICT
services to staff and students.
• Assisting in the installation, configuration and testing of hardware and software. Assist in managing the windows servers’ network.
• Assist in managing and developing the school’s internal ?systems, such email, library management software, and print management software.
• Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Maintain effective network security, including regular virus ?detection and updates. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Providing technical advice and assistance in the classroom to support students and teaching
staff with learning activities. Give support and advice to all staff to assist in developing their own technical capabilities/ knowledge.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Create and delete new users, manage the allocation of user ?space and reset password per request.
• Apply server OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Maintain data centre environmental and monitoring equipment.
• Maintain, repair and extend network cabling as necessary
• Maintain an inventory of all computers, printers, projectors, etc.
• Set up, test and install new computers in new locations on the network
• Assisting with staff training as required.
Duties and responsibilities
• Main duties and responsibilities are indicated below. Other duties of an appropriate level and nature may also be required, as directed by the PRINCIPAL
Job specification Operational
• Work independently to provide day-to-day ICT support across the school.
• Manage own workload through the allocation of calls via the helpdesk.
• S/he shall establish and maintain good relationships with all students, parents/carers, colleagues and other professionals.
• S/he shall assist with the operation of the school’s information and communication networks, undertaking appropriate repairs as necessary.
• S/he shall assist with the effective development of the school’s information and communications networks including the website.
• S/he shall advise and assist her/his line manager and the senior leadership team on hardware and software matters within the school including any ICT developments, relevant bids and suppliers.
• S/he shall assist administrative staff with hardware and software operations as required by her/his line manager
• S/he shall assist with ensuring that staff and students have a satisfactory, robust, reliable and secure ICT environment.
• S/he shall assist with the installation and configuration of hardware and software including new releases, carrying out testing and training staff and students.
• S/he shall assist in the monitoring of the performance of hardware, software and the network, identifying problems and resolving them, and advise her/his line manager of issues and potential improvements.
• S/he shall assist with the safe receipt and storage of hardware, software and consumables including any necessary unpacking and installation.
• S/he shall assist in maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all ICT hardware and software on site including it’s signing out/in to staff, for example, laptops and digital projectors.
• S/he shall check and re-fit toner, cartridges, troubleshoot paper jams, printer queues etc and carry out periodic printer maintenance such as head cleaning and alignment.
• S/he shall assist in the control of stock, including liaising with suppliers, maintaining records, and monitoring stock levels.
• S/he shall assist in monitoring and managing the use of the internet within the school and report issues to her/his line manager.
• S/he shall support the network by adding new members of the school community and the archiving of user materials from school leavers before removal of their user accounts.
• S/he shall support the delivery of INSET programmes for staff and assemblies as required.
• Undertake one-off projects as defined by the HOD and/ or the requirements of the school
• Create and maintain school wide ID card systems
• Regularly participates in IT quarterly maintenance
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by superior Administrative
• S/he shall ensure that all administrative duties, checks and documentation are completed to the required level of accuracy including returns and reports.
• S/he shall process, input and extract information from other school’s database system/s as required.
• S/he shall collate information, statistics and prepare reports as required by her/his line manager, the Headteacher and the governing board.
• S/he shall attend school events as required and provide associated technical support.
• S/he shall attend relevant meetings and training sessions.
• S/he shall keep abreast of developments and changes in the ICT field and communicate to staff as appropriate.
Education & Experience
• Studied to a minimum standard of SHS or equivalent, in English and mathematics.
• ICT related qualifications.
• Experience of working within an ICT environment, diagnosing and solving problems (at least two years).
• Experience of Active
• Directory/DNS/DHCP management
• Good understanding of current software operating systems
qualification relevant to the field.
• Experience of working in a school or similar establishment.
• Experience of training staff in ICT.
• Exposure to automated OS and software deployment techniques
• Experience of network protocols and VLANs
• Experience of connecting mobile devices to centralised services
Knowledge and skills:
• Ability to build and form good relationships with colleagues and students.
• Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities including own.
• Ability to absorb and understand a wide range of information.
• Verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the need to communicate effectively with colleagues, students and other professionals.
• Good standard of numeracy and literacy skills.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good working knowledge of a range of ICT software, hardware and other resources.
• Understanding of networks, LAN, WAN and internet topologies, protocols and techniques together with proven technical background in
desktop computers and peripherals.
• Can proficiently use office computer software including word-processing, spreadsheet, database and internet systems.
• Initiative and ability to prioritise one’s own work.
• Able to follow direction and work in collaboration with line manager.
• Able to work flexibly to meet deadlines and respond to unplanned situations.
• Efficient and meticulous in organisation.
• Desire to enhance and develop skills and knowledge through CPD.
• Commitment to the highest standards of child protection.
• Recognition of the importance of personal responsibility for health and safety.
• Commitment to the school’s ethos, aims and its whole community.
Peduase, near Aburi