Working: 8.00am - 5.00pm
• To provide guidance and advice on all matters of student administration ensuring the effective maintenace of their records from enrolment to graduation.
• To manage the student recruitment and admissions processes at DTI through efficient processing of student applications, arrangement of testing and interviews and provision of DTI admissions information to successful applicants.
• Develop academic administrative policies, procedures, systems and student database.
• Work in close partnership with the Head of Institute and the Head of Operations to deliver integrated service to the Institute.
• Prepare plans and programmes relating to annual student admissions.
• Communicate the timelines for the admissions process for DTI, in consultation with the Head of Institute.
• Keep abreast with TVET sector administrative best practices and implement them as appropriate in DTI.
• Ensure that the Institute complies with relevant legislation and regulations with regard to all matters of academic administration processes and procedures.
• Provide up to date and complete information on DTI to stakeholders, communities and feeding schools.
• Establish the necessary liaisons for the recruitment process.
• Maintain physical and computerized records including student applications, selection and admissions.
• Process new student records, including records from other schools, setting up folders, and entering student data into appropriate databases.
• Assist teachers and counselors with the preparation of reports and student data information.
• Maintain physical and computerized records of all student folders, progress reports, class rosters, schedules, and grade books.
• Coordinate end of term activities including processing of reports to parents (printing and distribution of report cards) verification and correction of grades.
• Process and transmit requests for student information, including student transcripts required for Industry attachments.
• Prepare and distribute student identification cards, bus passes, and other identification documents.
• Coordinate the ordering and distribution of all students’ learning /study materials, including text books (work with stores and library).
• Maintain confidentiality on all student and other classified data.
• Disseminate school documents / information
• Administer the School Management Software.
• Ensure that the Institute’s policies and security requirements are adhered to by all students, teachers and visitors.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Institute from time to time.
External: Prospective Students, Communities, Prospective Parents, Visitors
Education & Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor Degree with a minimum of seven (7) years post National Service experience.
• Must demonstrate a track record of strong personal organization and discipline.
Must be knowledgeable in
• The use of computer and software to develop and maintain spreadsheets and databases
• Excellent Organizational Skills
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Work under pressure
• Manage a team
5 - <10 Years