Position Title: Operations Manager
Report Directly To: Managing Director
• To be responsible for the overall operations and maintenance of the facilities, systems and services to ensure safe and hygienic environment.
• Inspect facilities or structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
• Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
• Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, security etc.
• Handle insurance plans and service contracts
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual report on the status of the facilities for management decision
• Plan for future development in line with strategic business objectives
• Manage and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
• Ensure the structure meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
• Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
• Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
• Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time
Education & Experience
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES)
• A University degree in Engineering, Facility Management. Relevant professional qualification will be an advantage
• Minimum of Fifteen (15) years combined experience in Engineering, Maintenance or Facilities management field.
• Experience in maintenance of large enterprise such as Malls, Universities, hotels, large shopping centers etc.
• Extensive experience at top-level management or similar role.
• Ability to develop and implement systems, processes and policies to monitor operational activities
• Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
• Proven work experience as Operations Manager or Facilities Manager
• Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
• Experience in budgeting and forecasting
• Knowledge in Health & Safety regulations
• Ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of management;
• Strong leadership, team development and coaching skills;
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
• Good interpersonal & negotiation skills
Over 10 Years